Sunday, August 2, 2009

name the new sammy

As most of you know...I traveled to Chicago/Detroit on June 18...and on that day US Airways lost my luggage. I was a pretty good sport about all of it because i figured, hey it can't be lost forever, right?

wrong.
gone. forever.

I got a phone call the other day from a US air rep...they are reimbursing me for all ym luggage and giving me a free plane ticket. This is all great and I am excited about this. But it doesn't bring back my grandmothers ring. And it doesn't bring back the last gift from my other grandmother (a watch). Or Sammy, my childhood hippo


but most of all it doesn't bring back my tweezers. Yes, thats right. I said it. If youare a female. You understand. Tweezers are a necessity and they can be expensive. But they are something I dont want to spend a lot of money on. At all. So I went out and bought these for abotu $4...thought I had found a steal.


These were great until I realized they sucked. So i did it I bought a pair of $12 tweezers...and ladies I tell you, i will never got back. They are the best investment I have ever ever made.


And i would have never bought a new pair of tweezers if it hadn't been for US air losing my luggage....so thanks.

And also thanks JessCo for replacing Sammy with this little gem that turned up on my door step :) What should I name him???

4 comments:

Nick Sammons said...

Free ticket? I want them to lose my bag.

Name him Leroy. Or Bartholomew. Or Samson. I wanna talk to Saaaamsoooonnn.

My name's Haley said...

humphrey
or ed the elephant or is that weird because your dad's name is ed.

andrea said...

i second humphrey.

or Betsy.

andrea said...

haaaa look whos in my picture! SAMMY!