Tuesday, August 10, 2010

they say...

They say old habits die hard...and in my ripe old age of 24, I am beginning to think whoever said that was on to something.  As sinful, stupid humans we will never be perfect, we will never always make the right choice 100% of the time, and we will always be learning and growing from our mistakes, hopefully leaning towards maturity and growth (this comes easier to some than for others). But is is easy to read the words "humans are sinful and not perfect" and think, I deserve grace from others, no one is perfect.  But today I realized how much I expect grace from others for my shortcomings but will be quick to notice a flaw in you.  During lunch today, a friend and I talked about how the things that bother you most about other people are most likely what you hate about yourself.  So I began to rack my brain to think about who annoys me and why.  This is not a fun exercise.  And while I think it is good and necessary to evaluate the speck in others/plank in your own eye philosophy, be prepared for being disappointed in yourself.  I know I was.

Thank God for grace, literally.

1 comment:

JessCo said...

Thanks for the honesty in that... love you friend and thanks for showing me grace when I don't deserve it