Wednesday, December 1, 2010

hello, december.

December first. It means it is officially Christmas season. And I get to officially begin my advent calendar. My favorite.  I love this season. I love the weather and how festive everyone feels and how people gather for holiday parties and exchange gifts and food and spend time together. People sing and dance and spike the egg nog. Really, whats not to love scrooge?  Just to show my cheer, I'll show you a picture of my Dad and I in front of a 21 foot Christmas tree made of oreos....whats not to love about this holiday?!



Tonight I cannot get these lyrics out of my head....awake my soul by Mumford & Sons...I think everyones soul needs to be awaken. This is a joyous time. A King is born.

In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love, you invest your life

Awake my soul, awake my soul
Awake my soul
You were made to meet your maker
Awake my soul, awake my soul

1 comment:

briansav said...

i love this song and mumford and son in general.