Sunday, October 21, 2007

cha cha cha changes

So Denver is a little different from the East coast. Yesterday was full of fun activities. In the morning Heather and I volunteered at the emergency over night shelter downtown, so great and then in the afternoon, I was at the zoo with the Somali family we adopted. It was beautiful outside! I was wearing short sleeves and was semi sweaty..it was like 85 degrees and I loved it. We had this really great banquet, I watched Babel...and called it a night.
This morning at 8:30, I woke up for church, opened the blinds and discovered 30 degree weather and get this...........FLIPPIN SNOW. I mean...I guess this is normal for Denver and yes, people have been telling me this is what happens since I arrived here...but seriously. Snow.

This week was great though. Lots of fun things. I met a Bronco's player...Champ Bailey, he came and played with the kids, they had an "October birthday party". I went to this thing called the White Fence Farm with the family from Burma...they have animals that youo can pet after you eat some of their relatives inside. A sheep attacked me.

Overall, a pretty great week. I got a great haircut and stayed up way too late every night. Of course, I have pictures of everything...but this website is not working, so I will add them later.

God is good and I am hungry. Send me mail.

1 comment:

My name's Haley said...

Yay! Sorry I didn't get your call last night I was so exhausted. I read your friends blog and I really want to tell him that starbucks isn't all that evil, but I don't know him so that would be weird...maybe I will anyway. I'll call you tonight.