Thursday, May 14, 2009

the fog

everyday I get these devotionals from Park Community Church. My friend Molly goes there, and she sent me an "8 minutes with God" once and so I signed up, because I figured yea, I can do 8 minutes. It has turned into a huge blessing for me the mornings I actually sit down to read. Here is a quote from today's devo...

"As I came home from church one evening, I was struggling to recognize God's guidance for my life. Suddenly, I drove into dense fog and could see nothing. Poking my head out the window, I noticed a tiny light from the road ahead. As I inched my car forward, it blinked out and another set of oncoming headlights took its place some yards ahead. I crawled along, following just the short distance I could see--one light after another--until the fog cleared. Then I realized that this is how God guides me. He shows me how far I need to go at any given moment. And step-by-step, I move from one light to the next. Confident of God's guidance, I let go of the need to see his complete plan."
Dr. Helen Roseveare, a British medical missionary in Africa from 1953 to 1973

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this was awesome, and just what i needed!

love you girl!