Sunday, May 3, 2009

RACE DAY!

Well I did it. I finished my first "half" marathon. It was actually only 10 miles...but who is really counting after 7 anyway? The reason I say I finished my first half marathon you ask? It is because I plan on running more. I know what you are thinking..Carolyn, how fast did you run? do runners really just pee themselves when they are running? And the answer to these questions is trivial (under 2 hours; ask kt fet) but I will tell you this: I ran with style and grace...in other words, I run by dancing and repeating the phrase "I hate my life 2009" OR "I love my life 2009" depending on the level of sarcasm I am feeling at that particular moment in time. I ran for what felt like an eternity. But I loved every second of it! Including the awesome rain (I love rain), the sometimes live bands, and sometimes well dressed bands along with my favorite encourager's posters that read: "You are running faster than my dog!" and "Your feet hurt because you are kicking so much ass"

I loved running with people. I liked that it was an event and a sense of accomplishment at the end. There was a goal at hand. I read this verse before bed last night, and are day with it.

Hebrews 12:1-3
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

We started the day with Jesus, we ended the day with Jesus at Liberti and I am ready to sleep like a baby...no alarm for me tomorrow suckas

2 comments:

andrea said...

2228 10 miler.
All around Philly.
sometime this summer.
lets do it.

Chandler said...

so glad you finished! I was thinking about you!!!...let's find a half to run together--somewhere FUN!! I did the Kentucky Derby half two weeks ago and enjoyed it (despite the blackened toe nail that is now about to fall off)...

love you girl!