Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a jam packed entry full of excitement

A lot has happened. I say this a lot, mostly because my life is so full of excitement :)

First. I want to share with you my adventures in the kitchen. I decided that I am going to stop saying I'm a bad chef and actually do something about it. Which is normally how most of my adventures begin...innocent enough. Well for some reason I decided that my first adventures would be with "Gazpacho" a traditional cold Spanish tomato-based raw vegetable soup, originating in the southern region of AndalucĂ­a..according to wikipedia, which happens to be the most true source of information to date (please see here.) I started cutting and chopping and grinding and before I knew it I had over a gallon of cold soup that I could not eat. I read at the very end of the recipe that it had to sit for 24 hours. awesome. So I made some cucumber dill yogurt stuff...with too much yogurt. Some pictures for your enjoyment before moving on to the next excitement that is my life....






So this past weekend I decided that I would go to colorado. Christa Gorman turned 21 the weekend I ran the Broad St run, so her dad, the AWESOME Tom "tank" Gorman, flew me out to surprise Chris and celebrate with her. We ate a lot, went cycling, hiking, ate some more, went to church and then the weekend was over. It was short but jam packed full of fun and colorado and festiveness. And its okay thats its over, because shes flying in to Philly on Thursday night. I have fun plans for her while shes here...if you want in, and I know you do, let me know. Pictures to follow...but here is one from when I first surprised her! She had NO CLUE I was coming!!


And finally. I know you have heard me talk about LiNK (Liberty in North Korea). I helped host a screening with the organization back in April. Well one of the roadies (Brenda) and I pretty much clicked immediately. And as it turns out, she came back through Philadelphia on her way back to California. So I got to spend some time with her and really show her around Philly...you know, the awesome places. While we walked around, I got interviewed for two different news stations..both airing on Wednesday night (one at 10 and one at 11) I believe the stations were CBS and NBC. And the questions the asked me were so absurd...first, what do I think of Bromance? Please two names to mind.....joni and richard. yuck. And the second news station asked if spicing up your sex life really helps your relationship...which is funny for so many reasons...She was dumb founded when I told her I think sex should be kept for after marriage...whew...so after all that excitement, Brenda and I spent a couple hours just talking in love park. It was beautiful. Then we walked to the library and she met my homeless friends. It was so refreshing and fun to hang out with her. Here are some fun shots of our day-o-fun together.







All in all, a good past couple days, jam packed full of fun and no sleep. And to top it off I saw the kittens inspired by kittens girl on Tyra last night...does life get any better? I submit that it does not...unless you are haley and jason!
CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw! i loved reading this :]
i seriously had such a great time with you! thanks for everything... especially your hospitality & giving up your bed! love you girl!
-bren