Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm scum of the Earth

So I live in colorado...so I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I drive down the road to Panera and see about 100 of these guys by the side of the road...

Meet my friend..Mr. Prairie Dog. He is going to be my new mascot for Colorado. I love him. They seriously look like statues and they stand like this for a long time and its hilarious.

The other thing I have discovered in Colorado is mystery meat. I realize that this is not a colorado thing - but a you live in a homeless shelter thing. On Sunday, I visited Scum of the Earth Church (http:www.myspace.com/scumoftheearth.com) . At this church they share a meal with everyone and then have the service at night. My nice new friends served me what I thought was lasagna...took one bite. TACO. It was a taco mix with mystery substances all throughout...I am still not sure what it was. But I was grateful. This same night Heather and I were craving burgers...but DRM never serves burgers, so we figured Scum would serve something better. We get back to DRM and find out they had burgers for dinner. And on Monday, we had spaghetti and mystery meatballs....someone said they were deer, Jenna was sick from them all night.
Church was good, it was interesting and different. There were homeless and tattooed, mostly young in their 20's but diverse in ethnic backgrounds. It wasn't very formal, which is kind of hard for me but it was so communal and different that I'm definitely going to give it another chance.

Speaking of scum....this is my roommate haha...actually I loooove her. If we look flustered in this picture, its because we were. I really enjoy that we match.
I started my job and I'm working with clients and I'm going to start setting up appointments by the end of this week possibly. It is so exciting to love where you work and be excited to get up in the morning walk downstairs and start your job. I love meeting new people and pray with people who appreciate the fact that you care. I love it. This is definitely where God wants me to be right now. I'm just trying to take it all in. Because I feel like for the first time in my life I am here, I am present. I am not thinking about "the next thing" or what I'm going to be doing next..looking forward to my next big adventure but enjoying the one I am in now.
Life is good.
God is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...this is Andrea Brusseau...I really wanted to email you to hear more about this whole thing, but I can't seem to find your email. What is it that you're doing in Colorado? (That might sound stupid since I'm reading your blog). The mystery meat sounds familiar. Here we're not sure if we're eating cow, horse, camel, or a combination of them and others. It made me smile. So thanks for sharing all of your experiences. I look forward to seeing what God is going to do through you in Colorado.

My name's Haley said...

It's an amputated BEAVER! HAHAHAHAHA. You have prairie dogs, and I have groundhogs, though I have trouble distinguishing my rodents. You are amazing.

MIke Sares said...

We should have coffee and you should tell me more about your impressions of Scum! Please.
-Mike Sares
Perikatharmata@aol.com
www.myspace.com/scumdaddy

Anonymous said...

I am very pleased you took the time and wrote that?

Sincerest regards
Rachel