Saturday, September 29, 2007

Worth a thousand words.........

This week I don't have much time to write because its dark and Heather and I have to walk back to The Crossing...where I was cooped up all day, I had to get out (heather got to go to the zoo with the kids..her job is so much better than mine). So I will give you my first week in Denver via pictures....

My roommate, pictured above has this weird disease where shes thirsty all the time. We didn't add any water bottles for this photo shoot.
Thursday night my good friend Nick cam to visit me!!! We went to this really cool restaurant called The Old Spaghetti Factory. Awesome food, awesome company. So good to hang out with someone familiar!
MY BOXES CAME!!! All six of them. My loving parents shipped all the rest of my crap to me. This is the total amount of stuff I brought to Denver. I keep telling myself...its okay, I'm here for a year.....yea well I think I went overboard again. At least I'll have a lot to wear.
Jenna....enough said.
Friday night...random group of us went to Jenna's restaurant she works at on the weekends. AMAZING CHEESECAKE!!! seriously. This is Jenna, Bruce, me and Heather (L to R).
This is me in my room being sad because my one and only wall decorations won't stay up because of our textured wall..its weird and I was sad.

So then I went to a very contradicting BBQ at the crossing...call me, I'll tell you about it. But at least the food was free. Tomorrow is church day again and then the start to another long week. One last thing to share with you before I go...this verse has helped me get through the week more than anything else. Enjoy. Shalom.
Luke 4:18-19
18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.

3 comments:

Local said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My name's Haley said...

can you please fly back for a jimmy eat world concert. there's no one else I would want to see it with.

Katy said...

Carolyn, I love reading your blog. I hope you keep it fairly current - even if you have to do it in Panera Bread. I'm excited for your new "mission" in life but we will miss you.