Thursday, February 5, 2009

pressure me that i may grow more human...

Tonight Tom Gorman, full name please, came and took me and a couple friends out to dinner at this place downtown called the Belgian Cafe...they had about 6 pages of beer..it was overwhelming and beautiful.

but TODAY we went to the aquarium for a field trip at the Jersey aquarium and I must say this may be the first good thing I have seen Jersey ever offer...because they had HIPPOS!!!!! And I realized that I had never in my life sen a real live hippo before..only Sammy, who I sleep with everynight. (as pictured before) And they are HUGE! (thats what she said) and one kept following me everywhere I went...it was kind of creepy when Miss. Caretta pointed it out.


Speaking of Ms. Caretta...she told me she was going to make a bubble and post it above my head that read Ms. Carolyn: "I forgot!" "I feel like the worst person ever" because apparently thats all I say...

For now I leave you with my favorite reminder ever...a poem from ted loder that emily boston sent me so long ago but i still read it all the time....

O persistent God, deliver me from assuming your mercy is gentle.

Pressure me that I may grow more human,
not through the lessening of my struggles,
but through an expansion of them
that will undamn me and unbury my gifts.

Deepen my hurt
until I learn to share it
and myself openly,
and my needs honestly.

Sharpen my fears
until I name them
and release the power I have locked in them and they in me.

Accentuate my confusion
until I shed those grandiose expectations
that divert me from the small, glad gifts
of the now and the here and the me.

Expose my shame where it shivers,
crouched behind the curtains of propriety,
until I can laugh at last through my common frailties and failures,
laugh my way toward becoming whole.

Deliver me from just going through the motions
and wasting everything I have
which is today,
a chance,a choice, my creativity, your call.

O persistent God,
let how much it all matters pry me off dead center so if I am moved inside
to tears or sighs or screams or smiles or dreams,
they will be real and I will be in touch with who I am and who you are
and who my sisters and brothers are.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

HEY i'm something good NJ has to offer! =)