Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Rescue..

you should read this or at least watch the videos....

Some of you may know about the organization Invisible Children...I have been following it since college and since then have been able to be apart of a couple of their peaceful protests....


Rescue Riders from Jason Russell on Vimeo.


Previous peaceful protests include the Global Night Commute and Displace me...here are some awesome pictures from displace me in DC, ask me about it and I will tell you..I will also tell you about the saltine crackers that I had for breakfast and dinner the night before....we were purposefully starving ourselves







this year's protest is right here in Philadelphia..it's called The Rescue. I am pretty excited about it and I think you should be too. I will be camping out at independence hall with hundreds of other people. The beginning of the march starts in camden and we will walk over the ben franklin bridge to independence mall to sleep overnight and start a movement by making our voices heard. If you have no idea what Invisible children is all about or the injustice going on in Uganda, talk to me about it or go to their website.
If you are the type of person who needs the DETAILS.... go here

or just watch this...

No comments: