Thursday, March 19, 2009

its official

this blog entry may may you laugh, you may shed a tear, it may make you smile, wince even...but as always, it will keep you on your toes...

In the past couple weeks...I resigned from SGA, and got a job as a barista at Good Karma! Next week I will be working both jobs, still going to grad school, and trying to train for the marathon...needless to say I will not be doing anything social next week besides JOEY'S WEDDING!!!



I also have some AWESOME roommates who finished a project I started for the JACK house literally in DECEMBER..maybe earlier...I start two picture projects both of which got finished tonight thanks to some AWESOME ROOMMATES :)





On a more serious and spiritual note...
I have been stuck cleaning a closet at work for a couple days, with minimal human contact and no music or variety in my job..this leads only to one thing: thinking. This morning I started my day off with womens prayer group and so my mind was much for focused on Christ. I have also been OBSESSED with listening to Shane&Shane everynight too...so that probably helps. Anyway, I have been feeling rejected lately. In many way and by many people. Now if you are a friend of mine, and we have interacted at all in the past month and now you are worried that you made me feel rejected..you can cease those silly thoughts and continue to read in peace. I realized that I can be ultra sensitive when I am stressed out, and I have been highly stressed lately. I take things to heart and I misinterpret words and actions of those around me. In short, I felt rejected. I began to think about this and my thoughts immediately turned to Christ and the cross..especially with Easter being so close. Thoughts of his rejection and sacrifice began to race through my mind. And then these verses..
Matthew 27:27-31
The Soldiers Mock Jesus
27Then the governor's soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. 28They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, 29and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. 30They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. 31After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.

He was obedient in rejection, mocking, and even to the point of death!! I can say this with full confidence...I was humbled this morning, alone with my thoughts and the mess.

No comments: