Wednesday, March 11, 2009

obsessions

I have a few new obsessions as of late....
one: tattoos....i'm itching to get a new one...I don't know what or where or why, but I have been obsessed with looking at others and looking at my foot..



two: my plant. i got it from my aunt for valentines day, and I have never been much of a gardener..everything i try to grow dies, but then again i have never been much of a runner and look at me now! I honestly think you have to be mature and patient to grow anything...and my plant in my bathroom is actually growing! and i get to look at it everyday that it grows a little bit more...



three: running. I hate it and love that i'm doing it all at the same time...the fact that I run 4 times a week in a miracle in and of itself, sure my school work has taken a backseat, sure i have to ice my knees every night and wear a knee brace when i run but it will be worth it when i crawl over the finish line...still breathing.
here is our training schedule...week 3!!!



four: staying busy with things other than what I am supposed to be doing...crafting, playing play dough, games, running, hanging/ordering/organizing pictures...all things that can wait until I'm done my semester, but no i have to do them now!



five: my utmost for his highest by oswald chambers. this is a constant obsession for my crazy life when i don't make time for what i am supposed to be doing (spending time with God) I read this every night. I have now read the entire thing and I am re reading it and learning different things as I read it in different parts of my life. A couple nights ago i read this.
March 6 - When you have no vision from God, no enthusiasm left in your life, and no one watching and encouraging you, it requires the grace of Almighty God to take the next step in your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him....And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God.

March 7 - The things we try to avoid and fight against - tribulation, suffering, and persecution - are the very things that produce abundant joy in us. "We are more than conquerors through Him" "in all these things", not in spite of them, but in the midst of them. A saint doesn't know the joy of the Lord in spite of tribulation, but because of it.

March 9 - All that is required is to live a natural life of absolute dependence on Jesus Christ. Never try to live your life with God in any other way than his way. And his way means absolute devotion to Him. Showing no concern for the uncertainties that lie ahead is the secret of walking with Jesus.

No comments: