Monday, March 9, 2009

my most recent philly beat down moment

So every Sunday, Katie and I got for our "long run". Since this past sunday was a 5 mile run, I decided to switch it up and run around the city instead of on the trail or at the Y.....and now I know that I am going to do this everytime.
I started my run watching a drug bust about a block away from Joel's house which is about 4 blocks away from my house, kept running saw about 20 homeless people, 10 of which were dancing and singing to their own music..in their head...which only they could hear, I go a little further (during my cool off) so this would be a block past my house and I witness a domestic dispute right there in the street. Cursing, flailing arms, threats, screaming, rage...everything. The conversation ends with some profanity and the man calling the woman ignorant and the crazy woman telling the man that she would see him at home, b*tch. The woman keeps walking towards me when another woman says "girl you better calm yo'self down" I walk a little faster thinking this is going to get ugly, BUT the other woman who has been screaming at the man replies
crazy woman:"yes momma"
crazy mom: "you didn't know i was over here did you?"
crazy woman: "nah" waits about a minute "I love you mother f**ker" (to her MOM.)

and this is the city that I live in....at least I'm entertained...

1 comment:

On the other side of the monitor said...

dude. i think you just retold the story of my daily commute, minus the whole jogging thing... i gave it up for lent.